During these uncertain times we want to ensure that our clients are receiving the best possible support and care from our clinicians at Athans and Associates. If you are uncomfortable coming into the office, we are offering our clients telehealth sessions in order to provide ongoing support. What is telehealth you may ask?
Telehealth is the use of a telecommunication system to provide medical services from remote locations instead of direct face-to-face contact. Our Platform offers a Business Associates Agreement via Doxy.me guaranteeing HIPAA compliance.
The Governor of the State of Illinois recently made an executive order to expand healthcare services and protect healthcare providers in response to covid-19, requiring all health insurers regulated by the Department of Insurance to cover the costs of Telehealth services rendered by in-network providers. You should check with your insurance, however, especially if your employer has provided a self-insured plan.
- You must review, sign and return the Informed Consent Telehealth Form in the office, or available on our website under Resources-> New Patient Forms.
- The clinician will talk to you in the office or by telephone to set up a remote appointment. Please feel free to call your clinician directly to set up your appointment and ask any additional questions.
- At the appointed time you should be in a quiet, private room with a computer (preferably), IPad, or cell phone.
- You will receive a link by email. Please accept the link.
- The therapist will start the communication at the appointed time.